Only 30 minutes from Edinburgh, The Harbour Chapel is a unique and diverse East Lothian wedding, conference and events venue for up to 120 guests. This spectacular former church with its elegant reception bar creates an exquisite destination for any occasion.
Beautifully restored with a contemporary twist, this former historic Wesleyan Chapel is the oldest in Scotland and dates back to 1764. John Wesley preached here on 21 occasions and in 1770 he wrote:
“In the evening I preached at the new house at Dunbar, the cheerfullest in all the Kingdom”
– Historic church space with ornate stained-glass windows
– Contemporary reception bar
– Banqueting style dining
– Oak pulpit and balcony ideal for speeches and photographs
– Conferencing facilities with PA system and LED Screen
– Full catering kitchen
– One minute walk to the historic Victoria Harbour with castle remains, an outdoor amphitheatre and stunning panoramic views
– Small outdoor garden
The Harbour Chapel sits on the approach down to Dunbar’s two historic harbours, only a minute’s walk from Victoria Harbour. The castle remnants and the vibrant colours of the fishing boats and lobster creels provides a beautiful location for photographs.